Monday, September 11, 2006

Under Pressure

In again trying to attach song titles to blog entries, I have chosen Queen's "Under Pressure" featuring David Bowie. (John Deacon's opening bass line Vanilla Ice...um..."borrowed" during the early 90s for his reprehensible song "Ice, Ice Baby"). I'm a music nerd, I know.

Anyway, so the pressure of about twelve to thirteen people having taken and passed comps in a row comes to me. I see no reason I'll break the streak. There are two approaches I could take to this: (1) Statistical--the more people who continue to pass it, the more likely it is the next person will fail, and (2) Perpetual Motion--an object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. I'm trying to keep the perpetual motion idea in my head while I study, and ultimately once Friday comes up.

I feel fairly confident on most of the stuff right now. I think I have Dr. Weber's stuff down, I think I have the lion's share of Dr. Seth's stuff down, and I'm feeling better daily on Dr. Richetto's stuff. Mind you, there is still stuff for each I'm weak on, but that's reality. I don't expect to know or be able to answer everything they ask me off hand, but I certainly hope I can, with a little leading (there is precedence, Dr. Richetto once got me started on an answer on a test after everyone else had left) on that stuff, be able to convince them I DO know what I'm talking about, and know enough about Geography for them to feel confident in giving me a degree.

I'm just sick of studying, and looking over all this stuff again and again. It'll be over Friday though, then I just get to the normal rigors of school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep plugging away. You sound pretty upbeat about the comps. I'm sure that there are things that the profs don't know about their speciality---that's why they still are in school! We all will be glad when they are over.
Love,
Mom

Our Philosophy said...

Good luck kenny!

And why hasn't mom been posting stuff on my blog?

Kenny said...

She must love me better--or it could be that I'm the next child with a big event in my life coming up. You'll be her favorite again after 2:30 tomorrow ;)