Saturday, December 09, 2006

Misc.

It's been a long time since I Rock 'n' Rolled. No wait...it's been a long time since I posted--that was me being a music nerd. Here's what's shaking:

1. Thanksgiving (the majority has been ehmpasized by my lovely sisters in their blogs). I went to the Florabama with dad on Friday just so I could stand with one foot in one state (Alabama) and one foot in the other (Florida) at the same time. I went home by myself that Sunday up US-43. A VERY pleasant drive--aside from nearly getting killed as I got into Linden. Fun towns along the way: Mobile, Mt. Vernon, McIntosh, Jackson, Grove Hill, Thomasville, Dixon's Mill, Linden, Demopolis, Forkland (Mom...that's where those hey sculptures are...between Demopolis and Eutaw), Eutaw. Was able to knock off four more counties (Washington, Jackson, Marengo, Greene) from my trek to drive my car in all 67 Alabama counties. I'm a geography nerd, I admit it.

2. Wrapped up semester papers and presentations. Got a few positive comments on my presentation on waterfront (re)development, though I thought my presentation on Fire Station Coverage in Richmond VA went better (it was the second presentation, so maybe I was warmed up).

3. Now is the time to start my non-thesis papers/projects. It will be no Christmas "break" for me...rather it will be a grand opportunity to get some work done. I got the official go-ahead to resubmit my Ghana transportation paper. I have to restructure it, re-title it, and add a few pages on sustainable transportation (which I have a few articles on...so THAT shouldn't be too bad). I'm thinking about expanding my Richmond project a ways since I think I might need to do a major GIS project for a non-thesis. I'll talk with professors involved in the coming days.

4. Had a going away luncheon for the girl I'm replacing over at land management. She got presents. Maybe I'll get some presents when I leave in May...then again, she had been there a year and a half, I'll have been there four months. Oh, Kelly, they had some raspberry shortbread bars VERY similar to yours (but not better, of course).

5. Prattville plays Hoover today at 3 for the state title at Legion Field. I had thought about going to the game, but I have WAY too much to do here in Tuscaloosa:
  1. Study
  2. Clean/Straighten
  3. Grocery Shop
  4. Christmas Shop
I should be able to manage to keep myself busy most of the day. It's SO nice not having to plan my entire day around Alabama football. I'll catch the game on TV (it's playing here on UPN-68). I don't think Prattville will win, but I certainly WILL be pulling for them.

6. UA can't seem to find a coach for its football team. I say hire me. I have a proven track record. I have 150 wins compared to two losses and eight straight national championships (and 9 out of the last eleven seasons). Mind you, this is in NCAA 2005 on my Nintendo Gamecube...

7. Had my first Christmas party/open house of the season last Sunday night at the Liens'. Last time they had one I was there from 7pm until 2am--so were several other people. This time I wasn't there quite as long...6:30pm until roughly 10:00pm.

8. I turned my heat on for the first time two nights ago. Apparently the teens is my threshold for turning the heat on. Dad should be proud of me.

9. I have two exams. One Thursday morning (I THOUGHT it might be a take-home...but it's a regular in-class exam), then one Friday morning after which I go to Suzanna's Christmas pageant/program.

10. I have to return a book to the Bruno Library today (which is were Paul works). No reason for anyone having to know that other than I didn't want Paul to feel left out since I've mentioned everyone else's name here in my relatively immediate family. Also I wanted a nice even number of talking points.

That is all for now.
See-ya!

No comments: