Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In Biloxi...yet again (or: "My 100th Post")




No, I'm not staying at either the Hard Rock, Beau, or Imperial Palace...this time I'm staying at the Best Western--Oak Manor across the street from the Beau and Hard Rock. So once again, I get a room with a view...of the Beau (see first picture). No bother, we get better rates here and it's not nearly as asininely opulent. The two others are of my other view. Two nice quaint houses/offices, and part of a tall building in downtown Biloxi. If you ignore the big box right outside, it's a nice view...still with some of a small town feel to it. (Unfortunately, for the past three years or so, those big boxes outside are par for the course down here on the MS Gulf Coast). The pictures were taken on my cell phone camera, so I apologize again for the low quality.

Nothing particularly exciting going on down here. Just work. I did eat at The Shed over in Ocean Springs, which is a hole in the wall style BBQ restaurant, but is well known around these parts and almost always competes at Memphis in May.

I may actually head back to Oxford tomorrow afternoon...but I'm thinking it might be Friday morning still.

Oh, and I finally got the nerve to send my pictures from Japan in 2001 off to get on a CD (I had 200 or so 35mm negatives I sent off). I got a call today that they are ready. Just in time for my 7 year anniversary of being back. I may post some of the highlights here in a few days after I go through them and make sure Wal-Mart's photo processing didn't completely botch them. I suspect they will be all out of order (I stuffed all the negatives in one envelope), but I should be able to look through my photo album and get a general order.

No comments: