Saturday, April 28, 2007

In Orlando

So I'm sitting in Orlando's airport right now, by a fountain, being overlooked by the Hyatt Hotel on site. It's two hours or so now until my plane takes off. Here are some observations from my trip to Daytona Beach:

  1. Daytona Beach has a large race track.
  2. The beach has a lot of sand, but it's hard and flat
    1. (Look both ways before crossing the beach...since part of the beach is a road and parking lot...and no, I did not almost get hit).
  3. The sea breeze was nice, but I imagine it could get rather warm down there.
  4. The job seems fine, and they seem interested in me. I could see myself living down here/there, but it's not my first choice. It is fairly centrally located and I could live farther in in Deland or out in Daytona Beach.
    1. I'm still holding out hope for Wendell NC, Savannah GA (though I think that may have passed me by), Chesterfield Co. VA, Tuscaloosa (there are apparently a lot of applicants for that job...), and Matthews NC.
  5. It cost $3 in tolls to get from Daytona to Orlando (and vice versa).
  6. My bag nearly ended up going on a trip to London, England this afternoon. Details at eleven (or later, whichever comes first).
That's about it for right now. Still waiting for about another half hour or so before I try and tackle security. (well, not tackle security, I actually meant go through security).

No comments: