Friday, June 08, 2007

More pictures

Again, I haven't a clue as to what I am doing here, except posting pictures. Here are three more (and the last three) "highlight" pictures. The first is a picture of a fully grown asparagus plant in a garden behind Stonewall Jackson's home (the building you see is the home. I couldn't take pictures inside, nor could I get a good angle on the outside to actually get a shot of it), the second, a picture of Read Mountain from a scenic view pull-off along the Blue Ridge Parkway, the third a view of the Roanoke Valley (though not the city of Roanoke, however) from the top of Roanoke Mountain. This was a little trek off the Blue Ridge Parkway (part of the parkway, just off the main road) up about 1000 feet from the parkway along a road that was about 6in. wider than my rental car--a Chevy Impala. I miss a turn, I either hit rock and swerve into a 1000 foot fall to the parkway, or just plunge headlong 1000 feet to the parkway. I lose either way. Since neither happened, fortunately, I won and my reward was a nice view of the valley.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's an asparagus plant, really? Cool . . .

Glad you had a good time in old Virginny.

KSG said...

Good pictures. It almost looks as if you are going to catch-u[ will Kerry in taking pictures. I enjoy looking at hers and you've got really good ones too. Keep them coming.
Love,
Mom