Monday, August 20, 2007

Oxford Pt. 2 (more to come later)

This is after my first night in my apartment up until my first day of work. This does not include the AC saga, which about an hour ago had another chapter added to it. They’re working on it, to be fair, but it is getting frustrating. I’ll be glad when it is resolved. That portion deserves its own post. The next post should include my first few days of work, my first full week, and church at Christ Pres.

Mom and dad went back to the Days Inn up the road for the rest of the night. Paul and I did some shopping at Wal-Mart for a couple of items (some bleach and cable cord for my TV). We got back and he helped me do some more unpacking and straightening. He found a place for the coffee table that was out of the way, but still useful (I have a couple of books I’m reading on it now, tissues, and a big and old Britannica World Atlas). Obviously very tired, we went to bed probably 11ish. Both of us got up about 7:30 or so and got showers then instead of eating some of the relatively healthy food Mom bought us the day before at Wal-Mart, Paul insisted on going to a Shipley’s Donuts just up the road. He claims they’re better than Krispe Kreme. I beg to differ, but will admit they are good (for instance, I never saw a “Bulls Eye” donut at a Krispe Kreme…but nothing can beat a fluffy, hot/now donut at Krispe Kreme).

He ducked out at around 9am because he had to work that afternoon. Mom and dad stuck around for a little more time as we turned the truck back in and I took them on a nickel tour of the city. When turning the truck back in, it was a madhouse. It wasn’t any of the local Penske’s fault, it was just the nature of the business in the town it was in and at the time of year (a truck rental place in a predominantly college town right before classes start). They ducked out right before lunch and I unpacked and straightened for the rest of the day and watched a lot of TV (I didn’t really feel like straightening…I was pooped out). I also called to schedule getting my cable internet hooked up. The date they gave me was the 22nd. They ended up coming on Saturday—they called me on Thursday afternoon to reschedule, so it was no big surprise.

2 comments:

Our Philosophy said...

You bought bleach for your TV?

Kenny said...

Yes, Kerry, I bought bleach for my TV. It has simply lost its luster and was no longer its whitest.