Monday, May 08, 2006

Exam Update 1

Had my transport geography final this morning. After having gotten my final project back in the class (9.5/10), I came home after the final and figured I could get something like a 79 on the test and still make something like a 90.01. A C gets me an outright A.

I didn't come close to getting a C (on the positive side, of course).

That was the most confident I've felt about an exam in quite a while (if not ever). I didn't know everything, but the ones I did know I felt like I nailed (we had choices on what to answer, 6 of 8 definitions, 4 of 5 analysis, 1 of 4 essays). I think I botched the calculation on one of the analysis questions (I calculated it three times and got something different each time). Dr. Weber isn't necessarily concerned with exact calculation, but rather conceptual understanding, which in spite of potentially erroneous calculations, I had the questions concept down.

Now I have to finish up the last assignment (presentation critiques) in my Industrial Development and Location class, then start on Dr. Webster's final exam which is due by 9:30pm on Wednesday. That is an optional take home/in class final. We can do it at home with everything in front of us and take as long as we want, or we can be in class with everything in front of us but only have the exam period. Two 4-5 page essays is what it amounts to, nothing too tough, especially considering I have everything in front of me. I hope to have it done by Wednesday afternoon (tomorrow afternoon would be MUCH better, that's what I'm actually aiming for).

So I'd better get back to the books for about two more days, then I'm freeeeeeee (sort of).

No comments: