Thursday, January 18, 2007

Brrrr...

Baby...it's cold outside...

Anyway, here's what's up in my world:

  1. I got response back on my first non-thesis paper. No major re-write, just need to address a couple of topics in a bit more detail. I was thinking that when I turned it in anyway, but Dr. Weber gave me some sources on what he thought I needed to address further. I hope to have a second draft by month's end.
  2. My second non-thesis paper is slow going. However, I am beyond the introduction and am in the procedure and analysis portion. That should go fairly easily. This does not have a terrible amount of sources since it is more a project than a research paper. I did manage to sneak in a reference to Prattville when talking about inter-municipal fire station responses (the Sept. 2002 mill fire called for Montgomery, Millbrook, and numerous volunteer fire departments from Autauga Co.).
  3. I might be presenting my first non-thesis paper (the Ghana paper) at a conference in Tuskegee in late Feb./early March. I have a few days yet to make a decision on that.
  4. I called the grad school up yesterday. They claim all my forms needed for graduation (degree application, candidacy application, comprehensive exam completion form) are all in. I got a time and a person I talked to in case it all goes awry.
  5. I went to the career ctr. yesterday to get my resume critiqued. I now have it updated and am about ready to get it submitted. Related to this, I got a job announcement from the Geog. dept. a few days ago for a position in Mobile (it's a continuous opening I believe). I might send in my updated resume and require forms soon for that position. Even if I don't end up being able to get it right now, or secured right now, it would get my name "out there". Also with an updated and modified (for layout) resume, I can go ahead and start posting my resume on websites as necessary (Monster, Hotjobs, Geojobsource, etc.) and otherwise sending my resume out.

That is all for now...

1 comment:

Our Philosophy said...

Cool re: presenting paper at Tuskgege. Cannot spell.