Monday, March 19, 2007

Nearly on the downhill slope

Not only is it less than two months away now...
Not only do I have my cap and gown (and master's hood)...

My non-thesis papers are rapidly ending in terms of my work on them.

I got my second paper back from the second reader today in my graduate student box. On it was written: "No substantial changes. Solid non-thesis paper. Please give me a final copy of this and your other paper for your file. Dr. Richetto." It was |___| <---that close to having a gold star, or a smiley face on it I suppose. My first paper is still technically in the second reader's hands, but I talked with Dr. Seth today about it briefly (and by that I mean about thirty seconds--he was getting ready for a class today). He asked me to drop by between 10:00 and noon tomorrow to talk about it. He said it was good, but wanted to sit down with me and discuss it rather than just hand it back with no input--that's his style anyway.

So it appears my two years of graduate school really is about to end, and with great haste at that. The major hurdles have been cleared. After I got done with my comprehensive exams in September, people asked me if I was on the downhill slope. I replied that I wasn't, that it more plateaued rather than getting any rougher and that would have to wait until I got through with my papers. One paper is officially done, and the other is almost there--and hopefully will be so between 10:00 and Noon tomorrow.

If I'm not on the downhill slope now, I certainly can see the edge of the plateau.

(once I get the final papers "in my file", I'll post copies for all to enjoy. Kenny Gilbert Guarantee: "My papers are a cure for insomnia, or your money back!")

No comments: