Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Simplify, simplify, simplify...

Second (first in order of completion) non-thesis paper is now 99% done...

Changes needed for final copy:
  1. Simplify the title
  2. Move abstract to another page
  3. Create title page (which I'll have to do for the other paper too I suppose).

He also suggested I think about getting it published in a Geography journal. He said it wasn't up to publication standards yet, but with some minor changes, it could easily be published. It probably won't be published in something like Annals of the AAG or the Journal of Transport Geography, but it'll be published nonetheless--those are my words, not his. Dr. Seth isn't the first to suggest publication...Dr. Greg Gaston who chairs the Geography Dept. at UNA (and chaired the geography section of the Alabama Academy of Science) suggested it too. We'll see. Now I just have to get several copies of each paper printed up. One copy of each paper for each reader (subtotal: 4), one copy of each for my file (subtotal: 2), and one copy of each for my own edification (subtotal: 2). So at roughly 70 pages between the two papers, that totals somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 pieces of paper to give their all for my research--not to mention countless hundreds of other pieces of paper "wasted" on drafts.

The much anticipated "downhill slope" is officially here!

No comments: