Wednesday, March 21, 2007

You asked for it (and by "you", I mean Kelly)

Since Kelly specifically requested it a few weeks back, I am going to post copies of my two (now officially completed) non-thesis papers for all who want to observe them. Everyone is of course welcome to view them--not just Kelly.

The First Paper:
Urban Transportation Problems in the Third World: A Study Abroad Experience in Ghana, West Africa.

The Second Paper:
A GIS Based Network Analysis of Fire Station Service Areas in Boise, ID; Des Moines, IA; Mobile, AL; and Richmond, VA.
Plus associated maps and appendix.

I had to create a separate file for the maps in the second paper because trying to include them in the paper file caused their quality to decrease significantly. The maps may not show up properly on your computer as they may well require a specific font set to be able to be viewed which in all likelyhood is not available on your computer (to be fair, unless your computer has ESRI software, it likely won't have the proper fonts). I think I found a workaround to that this morning in the export process, but until I can get to some computer without ESRI fonts, I won't know (such as my laptop, desktop, etc.). All the computers as school and work have ESRI software so I can't tell here.

"Enjoy"!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Kenny, your papers are wonderful! I'm sure this won't surprise you, but I really liked the one that used Richmond as a case study. They should give you two degrees for all the hard work you did.

Kenny said...

I thought you might like it. I had constant problems with the Richmond maps because they were small coverage areas, but that didn't seem to bother either professor a lot.

And yes, they should give me two degrees, go ahead and give me my Ph.D. so I won't have to think about it in the future (there is a less than 1% chance of me going that route).