Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Larry M.

$116 for the drug. Apparently I don't have prescription coverage, but according to the pharmacist, most plans wouldn't cover it anyway. Still, I'd rather spend $116 now than contract the disease. While insurance might cover that, I'd much rather spend $116 now than have to deal with having malaria. Not so much fun.

Here are the possible drug side effects from RxList.com (emphasis mine):

"This medication may cause stomach upset, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, hair loss, ringing in the ears, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, insomnia, strange dreams, or lightheadedness. These effects should subside as your body adjusts to the medication. If these symptoms persist or become severe, contact your doctor or pharmacist promptly."

Lovely, just lovely.

4 comments:

Our Philosophy said...

Strange dreams? That's so cool!

Anonymous said...

Who is Blake Johnson?
Medication is expensive; the $116 is not a really expensive drug. Wait until you get older and see what you have to pay. We have a great health insurance plan plus the military takes care of just about everything for us----maybe that's why we get the high price drugs. Make sure that when you get a real job, you get good health insurance with a fantastic drug plan. Maybe by then health care cost will go in a different direction.

Are you coming home this weekend?

Don't forget to make your Dad's chicken sandwich for Easter.
Love,
Mom

Kenny said...

Blake Johnson is a friend of mine from college. He's the one who is getting his master's degree in Classics hence some of the Greek in his blog (he's going to end up at seminary one day). He's also part of my core group of friends from college.

I'm not planning on coming home this weekend. I'm too bogged down with stuff to get done for the end of the semester, and I think this weekend it would be crucial for me to get quite a bit of work done. (In other words, if I were to go home, I wouldn't/couldn't get any work done). I'll try and get home for a couple of days after finals un-related to Ghana (in other words, go to Prattville for a few days after finals, come back for about two weeks or so to work and such, then go back to Prattville probably on the 22nd of May or so). I'll get back to you with specifics on that as soon as I can.

And I'm not complaining, just stating for the record, but that $116 is for six pills (one before I go, two while over there, and three after I get back).

Thanks for reminding me about Dad's chicken sandwiches. It wouldn't be Easter (of late) without them!

Kelly said...

I love the strange dreams thing. It's so trippy!