Monday, April 17, 2006

paper, visa, and hair cuts

I got my Maury paper back today. I got a 93 on it. Dr. Webster was a little concerned (if that's the appropriate word) about why I had left so much about John Maury in the paper. I thought it was important to link why Matthew decided to join the Navy and establish that he did it against his father's permission. Dr. Webster also made a point to note that it was double the required length. Also, there were some words I changed from the source to my paper (in paraphrased sections) that he wanted clarification that they were my words and not the source's. I added them for some more color is all. I'm not disputing anything, I'm happy with the grade. There was surprisingly little red ink on it. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

And the visa came in today. I don't have it in hand, it's wandering around Tuscaloosa now. I got a notice in my mailbox about an express delivery. It's available after 4pm at the main 35401 post office in downtown. The mailman also called me to let me know. That really means a lot. I guess he has my name on record, or the number was on the package, or in a database attached to the package or something. There's this nice message on my answering machine that he tried to deliver it about 11:30 and that it would be available in downtown at 4pm.

I got a hair cut today. Actually, I got most of them cut (haha). The next time will be right before I go to Ghana. I want a nice short hair cut for the tropical/sub-tropical weather I'll be experiencing for about three weeks.

The vast majority of the afternoon will be studying. Probably at Gorgas. I've spent more time at the library this semester than I have since I studied for my poetry recitation for Sra. Saphore at Spanish Competition during high school. There really is a lot of neat stuff (books!) at libraries. I highly recommend going if you've never gone before.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yay! excellent job on the paper.