Monday, April 10, 2006

misc.

I vacuumed today. It's amazing, the carpet looks so much cleaner. I don't know if I actually vacuumed up that much, but having the carpet fibers going in a different direction gives at least the perception of clean. (Also the popcorn kernels are off the floor from last night, so yeah, I think it's clean).

I got my car registered in Tuscaloosa county today. I now have a "63" tag.

I went grocery shopping today. I was proud of myself. I think the least healthy thing I got was the pepper jack cheese. I even had some cookies in my basket, but took them out in favor of Edy's whole fruit popsicles.

Along the lines of health, I have an appointment with Dr. Steve Lovelady tomorrow (of Trinity membership here in Tuscaloosa). This is regards to getting shot (or shots, that wasn't clear) so I can go to Africa. I'm supposed to get:
  1. Yellow Fever
  2. Hepatitis A&B
  3. Meningococcal Vaccination
  4. Typhoid shot
  5. Make sure Polio and Tetanus are up to date
  6. Larium pill regimen
I called the student health center and they said they had the Hepatitis shots, and the meningitis shots (as well as tetanus) around. They told me I'd have to see a doctor about typhoid and Larium and polio (though that should be on record at the student health center) and I'd have to call around about yellow fever. Hopefully he can get it, but at the very least he can tell me where I can get it, and maybe refer me.

Finally, Riverwood has officially dissolved the pastoral relationship with Bryan as of June 30. That means Tim becomes Interim Senior Pastor as of July 1. We also voted nearly unanimously to form a pulpit search committee giving the responsibility over to the session (in accordance with the BCO chapter 20). They're already unofficially offered the full time senior pastor position to Tim, but I think will hold off on the official call until after Bryan leaves officially. If that's the case, they're also going to be on the look out for someone to take over the duties of youth pastor which Tim would vacate upon taking the senior pastor position (or if he leaves Riverwood totally, which is a possibility, then when he leaves).

That's all for now. Time to go eat dinner!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, those whole fruit popsicles are so good!

Our Philosophy said...

kelly, why you no write on my blog? Kenny?

Anonymous said...

Ouch!
Mom